Guerciotti ladies bike

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
bethandalan075.jpg

It has taken me ages to build this. Originally brought for my wife but "it'll be wasted on her" (her words not mine). She's not much of a cyclist and is gunna stick with what she has. So it is with regret that I am now going to sell this very pretty Alan built Guerciotti.

The frame is stamped as an Alan Tourist 1987 but badged as a Guerciotti. I'm not sure whether it was badged as a Guerceotti from the outset but I do know that Alan made bikes for them and the stickers look pretty old so I reckon it is as original. I can only find one Alan Tourist on the net and no reference to a Guerciotti like this one. It is without doubt a very rare and exclusive bike.

The bike is bonded alloy into polished lugs.

Size is 46cmx55cm.

The bike and parts are in great condition with only a few blemishes here and there the worst of which is the bars and stem, which look more scratched in the pics than they do in reality and the brake levers have a few scrapes too (hoods are not perfect but are very good).

I tried a few different looks with this before settling on the 3x8 Campagnolo Mirage set up which seemed to suit it best in my opinion. Could convert to fixed or ss as it has horizontal dropouts (if you don't mind undoing all my hard work!)

It also has mudguard eyes although with the 28c tyres I orginally fitted you'd never get guards in there. With the 23c fitted now you should be ok.

You can have the bike with the ladies Turbo fitted or a Brooks (Turbo suits it better)

Being such an exclusive bike in such good condition I'd like £500 posted for it. Perfect Christmas gift for your missus!

bethandalan097.jpg

Full spec:

Frame: Ladies Alan built Guerciotti
Fork: Original Alan
Headset: Tange Passage

Stem: Cinelli 1A
Handlebar: Cinelli Criterium
Tape: New Deda
Brakes Calipers: Campagnolo Mirage Dual Pivot
Brake Levers: Campagnolo Chorus 2nd Generation aero
Cables: Jagwire

Seatpost: Campagnolo Athena aero
Saddle: Ladies Turbo

Gear Levers: Campagnolo 8 speed Syncro
Front derailleur: Campagnolo Mirage triple
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Mirage cage

Chain: KMC
Cassette: Campagnolo 8 speed 13-26
Bottom Bracket: New Campagnolo Veloce
Crankset: Campagnolo Mirage triple
Chainrings: 30, 40, 50

Pedals: New SPD

Hubs: Campagnolo Mirage
Rims: Rigida SHP60
Tyres: Vittoria Rubino 23c

bethandalan077.jpg

bethandalan079.jpg

bethandalan080.jpg

bethandalan089.jpg

bethandalan092.jpg

More pics here: http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/t...un/Guerciotti/

Guerciotti

Hi, great bike. Would you consider a trade? I've lots of ono bikes and parts but nothing for the gf's christmas present...

Tel that's one of the top 3 nicest ladies bike I've ever seen, very very classy. Bet it's pretty darn light too, very easy up the hills.

Thanks Tony. I haven't weighed it but even with the triple set up it is indeed very light.

Looking about at other Alans I'm thinking that my £500 asking price is a little optimistic so I'm dropping it to £400 posted (UK).

Back