GT Zaskar LE team build

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
IMG_9722.jpeg IMG_9724.jpeg IMG_9726.jpeg IMG_9727.jpeg IMG_9728.jpeg IMG_9729.jpeg IMG_9730.jpeg IMG_9731.jpeg IMG_9725.jpeg Yes another Zaskar. But in my defence I think this is the first one this year as I’ve been building much earlier 93/94 bikes such as the Psyclone , RTS and HeiHei

I picked up a tatty frame about a year ago which I’ve been holding onto with the plan to have it repainted by a local guy who does airbrushing on bmx frames. I just haven’t found the time to get it across to him combined with not being in a rush as I haven’t much build kit for it.

Fast forward until recently and I’ve now managed to pry a much nicer version away from a friend / collector which means I’m now more excited to get the build going.

These late USA team frames have a few small differences to a normal LE 98 Zaskar. Mainly the lower chainstay bridge is now CNC and the chainstay itself is a little wider.

I’m trying hard to make it a little different to a catalogue build without going too crazy.

So far I’ve got some X517 rims in red , on Oynx hubs. I may end up swapping the hubs for M950 but let’s see.

Tyres obviously have to be green Wildgrippers.

Groupset I’ve a few bits of M950/2 but lots still needed.

I’m thinking either a blue or black SID or possibly a rigid pace Rc31.

Back