GT Zaskar colour

Ironman

Dirt Disciple
Hi

When I was a kid I drooled over the turquoise Zaskar.

My problem is I can't find the best match to replicate it. The RAL Colour chart turquoise RAL 5018 doesn't look right.

Could someone please advise me on this is as I don't wanna guess and mess up my frame.

Cheers Jon

Re:

Hi

I'm wanting re do it. It's polished at the moment but was surprised at how often I have to polishe it to keep that mirror finish looking good so thought I'd get it repainted.

Reanodising is going to be expensive and difficult. Speak to Rampage on here, his firm does it I believe, and he is a retrobike sponsor so he knows his stuff.

As for a paint, you will need to look at getting a metallic finish (i.e. flecks) in the paint, but it wont look the same as the anodised or as bright I would doubt. Again, a decent finish will be expensive.

Re:

i cant stress strongly enough that you should not do this, its going to look horrible and ruin your classic zaskar :facepalm:

...and Rampage doesnt anodise frames so if you want an aqua one, then buy an aqua one... you cant tell me that your painted frame will look anything like this can you

Attachments

• DSC_0003A.jpg
    DSC_0003A.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 437
Re:

Thanks for the advise. I am not ashamed of admitting that I know nothing about spraying, powder coating, anodising etc which is why I asked for advise.

I will leave my polished one as is and go on the hunt for and original.

Ta

Re: Re:

Ironman":mfg2posf said:
Thanks for the advise. I am not ashamed of admitting that I know nothing about spraying, powder coating, anodising etc which is why I asked for advise.

I will leave my polished one as is and go on the hunt for and original.

Ta

if you put this thread up yesterday i would have sent you the link to a minty 16" aqua zaskar that was on ebay, just checked and it sold last night for 300 quid :facepalm:

im sure another will come up, good luck :D

sean

Latest posts

Back