GT ZASKAR 1990 need info on restoring/polishing it. Pics

For polishing it a tube of Autosol will do the trick. Use a toothbrush to get into the welds and small areas and use a cloth on large areas.

Re:

wow, awesome example of a first generation zaskar. looks to be all original. suntour right? leave all the original decals on it and just a light rub with autosol carefully around them all. new tyres and cables, lube and job done! it's not often they are as complete as you have it. keep the history of it alive!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":ndtd4x64 said:
Isn't this the one with the 'Made in Taiwan' sticker on the head tube?
Good memory, yes it was. It was brought from a cycling shop in london for £680 still have the receipt and all the advertisement hangers that were on the bike. I checked out the serial number and that all checks out. What do you think?

waddelblah":2vrct53h said:
wow, awesome example of a first generation zaskar. looks to be all original. suntour right? leave all the original decals on it and just a light rub with autosol carefully around them all. new tyres and cables, lube and job done! it's not often they are as complete as you have it. keep the history of it alive!
Thanks a lot! do you think all this will clean up then? Want it looking good again.

Rossward92":2udgvnz2 said:
brocklanders023":2udgvnz2 said:
Isn't this the one with the 'Made in Taiwan' sticker on the head tube?
Good memory, yes it was. It was brought from a cycling shop in london for £680 still have the receipt and all the advertisement hangers that were on the bike. I checked out the serial number and that all checks out. What do you think?

Yeah, it's a little weird, from what I know. The serial is 1190****, so Zaskar format. I'd be interested to know what the width of the bottom bracket is, as mine is 68mm.

Best person to throw more light on it would be gm1230126.

Back