GT ZASKAR 1990 need info on restoring/polishing it. Pics

Most 91 Zaskars have 68mm bottom brackets. 92 Zaskars hat 73mm bb. Apart from that, the frames are technically identical.

Very nice bike! Please keep the original decals!

Here is a pic of my old one. It was No. 88 from August 1990 - the first month the serial Zaskas was built.

1669468-q0rice2qlo4a-foto_2-large.jpg

Looks beautiful mate, i do want to keep the originals but some have worn off and have been severly scratched. What do i need do you think to get this looking like yours, how much money have you spent on it?

All you Need is a tube of Autosol and some cloth. And two hours of free time! ;)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autosol-0400-75 ... ds=autosol

My build was quite expensive, especially the Syncros Parts and the wheels (freshly built with black XT hubs and lightweight spokes).

Your decals look fine to me. Don't worry about them being incomplete. Remember the bike is 25 years old and the decals are not under any protective lacquer!

Rahbari":1ewxyr2a said:
Most 91 Zaskars have 68mm bottom brackets. 92 Zaskars hat 73mm bb. Apart from that, the frames are technically identical.

That's good to know. I'd mentioned mine having a 68mm bb before but not seen anyone else confirm that as standard.

Back