GT STS Rear Disc Brake Mount

Gadro":d04pik0k said:
Andy R":d04pik0k said:
take a file to it and make it fit....

WHAT to the bike !!!!

Nah just kidding..... :LOL: just bought one and I'll have a go

Did it work mate? I was bidding a a hope disc one on ebay its at £60 quid now think i will leave it and get one of these :D

I have one of these in my spares box. Clamp goes around the seatstay. The Straight 8s and Lobos used the same caliper with a heim joint shaft (have one of those too) to the clamp on the chainstay to give a true floating brake.

disc_kit_105.jpg

Unfortunately i've read this after finding this-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have one on my bike at the moment.It uses the same short 130mm hope axle in a ti glide or bulb rear hub[possibly big 'un too :? ]
It needs a special frame bolt as well thats the devil to find.and an xxl long rear skewer
All in all this system is hard to find,expensive when and if you do find one.It's other version uses a c2 caliper on an extra long mount,using the same frame bolt and short axle
That version is also expensive. [i just sold a complete system of the C2 version caliper and it sold for £165]
It is also a barsteward to get in good condition,I dont really think its worth the effort,unless it drops in your lap in perfect or fully serviced condition
I'd look towards the A2Z approach :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dyna-ti":hqrncmaa said:
Unfortunately i've read this after finding this-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have one on my bike at the moment.It uses the same short 130mm hope axle in a ti glide or bulb rear hub[possibly big 'un too :? ]
It needs a special frame bolt as well thats the devil to find.and an xxl long rear skewer
All in all this system is hard to find,expensive when and if you do find one.It's other version uses a c2 caliper on an extra long mount,using the same frame bolt and short axle
That version is also expensive. [i just sold a complete system of the C2 version caliper and it sold for £165]
It is also a barsteward to get in good condition,I dont really think its worth the effort,unless it drops in your lap in perfect or fully serviced condition
I'd look towards the A2Z approach :?

This is the exact quandry i'm in with my LTS DH, i have the same C2 system, when the rear shock blew it seals the bike sat for a year unused, finaly got the shock sorted then could'nt get the brakes to work as the seals had gone :cry:, all the C2 bits are laying there but i cant see me spending the time and money rebuilding them when there is no guarantee they will work as new (even if they do there are better systems out there), will probably go for a new system but that will mean new hubs (i have BigUns with the short axle), as well as rotors, calipers etc and figuring out how to mount the rear caliper (probably an A2Z plate), at the moment the bike has Z1 Bombers which are pre I.S mount so will need new forks too, wont be cheap.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
didnt hope use to make a plate that was i.s and just bolted onto the canti stud? think it was called a torque arm. just looked like a bar with a rose joint at one end and an i.s mount at the other.

Back