GT STS Rear Disc Brake Mount

Here is a proper mount I have on mine,it came with the frame but was supplied by BETD,not sure if they still do them.It would not be hard for a competent machinist to knock one up,then it is just a case of drilling a couple of holes and bolting on.I can't seem to post pics so it will have to be photobucket.
http://tinyurl.com/ykh3nnl

DB_ADPT1.jpg

there ya go :D

does look like the atoz one...

that betd one will only work if you have holes in the drop out already, dont think they early lts-dh's did. something the later ones did

i have one of those clamps that just sold onn ebay. it is usless without the short hub axle and spacer thingy's, it sits on the inside face of the drop out.

i will prob be using an a2z adaptor, tarted up made to not look like an a2z adapter. :D

Jimi :?
This is my set up using the lts disc mount[i think its actually a 2nd gen hope disc mount],the short axle on a hope bulb and a bomber for the front

The brakes are 2010 hope tech X2 so you cant get a lot more modern than that :LOL:

These are post mount and as all calipers these days appear to be for 160mm ,fitting a post to IS +20mm for a front 185mm rotor isnt going to be much of a problem

I wouldnt recommend using the wavy rotors though.I found they squeal even in the dry.but each to their own
The rotors i use now are the proper round C2 ones,they're performing nicely and arent grabby at all.

Attachments

• Hope C2 Servicing and replacing the seals 015 (Large).jpg
    Hope C2 Servicing and replacing the seals 015 (Large).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,095
  • Hope C2 Servicing and replacing the seals 017 (Large).jpg
    Hope C2 Servicing and replacing the seals 017 (Large).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 4,095
Hope LTS kit for 130mm hub.

LTS.jpg

Hope Straight 8 kit for 130mm hub. IIRC it can be used on a Lobo as well.

Lobon8.jpg

And this is if you have a bunch of IS #3s lying about, too much time on your hands at work, and want to see if the full floater brake plans bouncing around in your head will work. It was quite effective on my San An with a mount for the front derailleur post.

IS3floater.jpg

Well done on those two mounts. :cool:
The second on looks exceptional and i like the short torque arm thingy,usually the stretch to the brake boss.
:D

>that betd one will only work if you have holes in the drop out already<
I didn't realise they came with the holes,so did GT have some sort of adaptor in mind or was it serendipity?

dyna-ti":1sfjkqsc said:
Unfortunately i've read this after finding this-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I have one on my bike at the moment.It uses the same short 130mm hope axle in a ti glide or bulb rear hub[possibly big 'un too :? ]
It needs a special frame bolt as well thats the devil to find.and an xxl long rear skewer
All in all this system is hard to find,expensive when and if you do find one.It's other version uses a c2 caliper on an extra long mount,using the same frame bolt and short axle
That version is also expensive. [i just sold a complete system of the C2 version caliper and it sold for £165]
It is also a barsteward to get in good condition,I dont really think its worth the effort,unless it drops in your lap in perfect or fully serviced condition
I'd look towards the A2Z approach :?

Did you win it?? I was the other buyer lol ;) I wasn't paying anymore.

The picture is of it will help gonna try and have one made.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back