GT STS Rear Disc Brake Mount

Gadro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Has anybody done a Disc mount for GT STS Plastic frames?

If so where'd you get it from? :?:

Don't know here's a close up of the rear drop outs. What do you think? :?: :?:

Attachments

• CIMG1483.JPG
    CIMG1483.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 6,722
  • CIMG1482.JPG
    CIMG1482.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 6,722
thats it here

DSC_0013.jpg

It looks like it should work. It'd be a cheap way to get discs on the puppy. And if for some reason it doesn't fit, sell the adaptor. You'd only lose a couple of £'s.

I don't know I just got a sneaky feeling I don't think that's going to work. :(

That's on your green Zaskar?

Just compared the STS to my 96'Zaskar and it's much more chunkier and the angles slightly different?

Anybody done this conversion? :?:

Gadro":3r5ztx8t said:
Just compared the STS to my 96'Zaskar and it's much more chunkier and the angles slightly different?

The frame angles shouldn't matter, as basically the adaptor takes the inside dropout face and the wheel spindle as its two location datums.
What it does need is a large enough flat face on the inside of the dropout, which your frame seems to have.

The only way to find out for sure is to bite the bullet and buy one - if, when you can offer it up, it's obvious that it won't work then sell it on and if it needs minor work to clear a weld or something then take a file to it and make it fit....

From memory there were some sts/lts backends with disk mounts on.

What you are after is a Hope disc mount designed for the STS/LTS like the one shown in the attachment after the message...

Or a Woodman version

http://www.woodmancomponents.com/catalo ... is&lang=en

Or there are a number of companies (whose names escape me) who do floating disc conversions to improve suspension action under braking.

Good luck.

P.S. None of the suggestions I mentioned involve any frame mods.

Attachments

• disc kit.JPG
    disc kit.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 6,680
Back