GT RTS3

butcherjon82

Retro Newbie
hi , im due to get my rts3 soon, you may have seen the blue one on ebay, anyway in regards to servicing what should i do with the multitude of pivots?? strip clean and lube or whats best to ensure a good longevity???

mikee":g01y7m9l said:
not much to do mate
just hope the shocks okay

pics or a link ?

180633656973 is the ebay number im sure even tho it says v brakes that theres hydraulics on it..... or maybe my eyes are playing tricks!

On my lts i stripped frame totally, cleaned pivots and checked for cracks n wear...then lightly lubed and refitted cones and fibre washers, i would say mine are original, so 15 years old and there still going strong, there not a worry at all buddy, unless they have been roughly taken out and damaged...okz :LOL:
Oh imao you got a bargain there, im GT biased though ;)

Gazbally":3ruqnpc0 said:
On my lts i stripped frame totally, cleaned pivots and checked for cracks n wear...then lightly lubed and refitted cones and fibre washers, i would say mine are original, so 15 years old and there still going strong, there not a worry at all buddy, unless they have been roughly taken out and damaged...okz :LOL:

any particular lube? i love the rts and lts, the missus doesnt know yet but an lts will be my next project.... i remember being ooo about 12 and really wanting an rts i took out the middle pages of an mbuk mag which had a pic of one and stuck it up on the wall..... dunno why but its a bike that ive always wanted

Not really, just same grease you use for bearings etc...you will see what i mean when you remove them, just dip your finger in and smooth over the surfaces....works a treat...mine are as smooth as ever :D

Gazbally":3j36egyf said:
Not really, just same grease you use for bearings etc...you will see what i mean when you remove them, just dip your finger in and smooth over the surfaces....works a treat...mine are as smooth as ever :D

ok thanks very much ,just gotta wait on postage now.....

Back