GT Psyclone 1994 16 inch - very slow build

My golden rule is only 1 build at a time. I’ve broken this rule as I’ve a few on at moment in various states of being finished/ parts collected

This one came up at the weekend and to be honest was exceptionally cheap. I’d started a wanted advert a few weeks prior expecting a long long wait so it must be fate.

Anyway … it came up on marketplace on Saturday night. Couldn’t quite believe it. Sent a message to say I’ll come now …. And no reply for around 20 mins.

Assuming it had sold I feared I wouldn’t get it. Then ….. bing ….. a message saying yes I could collect now.

Literally started to run out the house , grabbing cash and keys. Unluckily my 17 month old daughter also decided to have a little run following me and took a tumble. Lots of tears and me and her mum trying to calm her down - whilst still panicking that the Psyclone would sell - or advert be pulled.

Then my mrs spoke those immortal words “ just go and get the bike and I’ll …..”

I’ve no idea how that sentence finished as I was gone. 45 mins up the M1.

Turned out the guy purchase it new in 1994 from my LBS. He spent all the budget on frame /stem/ bars and wheels that the rest was quite low spec. He said he never really took to MTB and preferred road. So it was used mainly on paths , and and canals etc.

Anyway … here it is as I picked it up. And now as a frame which will likely hang on my wall for quite a while whilst I find the suitable parts.

Thinking M900 , and maybe some 2x4s on this one.

View attachment 823050View attachment 823051View attachment 823052View attachment 823053View attachment 823054
That looks stunning, especially in that blue colour!

Best of all the bike shop that supplied it is my local too. Around 1 mile from my house.
I used to live very local to the Sheffield Bramall Lane branch in 1994, literally 5 minute walking distance!
My 1999 GT Tequesta has same dealer sticker on it too. ;)

I used to live very local to the Sheffield Bramall Lane branch in 1994, literally 5 minute walking distance!
My 1999 GT Tequesta has same dealer sticker on it too. ;)
chesterfield branch is my local one. I always find it cool when I find a bike with their stickers on

My “NOS” 97 Zaskar came from them too , but also has all the dealer attached bag/ books etc which is even cooler.

Well it had the Sunday on the Vintage GT stand along with a couple more Psyclones.

I didn’t take any pics …. But if anyone else did please post them

Weight is 9.4kg without pedals which is pretty decent I thought

Back