GT Pantera question?

JeffGothro

Dirt Disciple
I'm interested in buying one, the bike in question looks an awful lot like a 16" frame (I ride an 18"), the bike is advertised as a 19" frame (c-to-c). I checked bikepedia and couldnt find a 19", and to my own knowledge, Taiwan GT frames never came in 19", they were 14", 16", 18" and so on.

I wrote this to the seller...

To get the correct frame size, measure from the center of the bottom bracket spindle, to the center of the top-tube where it meats the seat tube - that will give you the correct size for that particular GT.

They still maintain its a 19"? So, my question, did Pantera's ever come in a 19"?

In that case, I'm going to assume he is getting that measurement also because the AL frames were slightly larger still (at least compared to there steel counterparts). Thanks.

what year is it ?
the big ones 19/20" have a 5" head tube well the 92/93 ones do

P1030161.jpg

this is a 20" , or a large

check the cats in the archive for sizing charts

The year is the same as the one pictured (orange-red color - I used to have one 20 years ago).

The one I'm looking at has those groovy center pull brakes I hate, so its got to be before 93.

Also, the one I'm looking at is smaller than what you have pictured, the one I'm looking at the gusset onder the top-tube joins with the down-tube. If so, how big is the one you pictured, 20", 22"?

its a 20 or a large GT's were sized s/m/l /xl rather than by numbers
well some years any way , this is a 92 , still has a u-brake on the back
i'll drag it out later and put a tape on it and let you know the sizes
some more pics
P1030340.jpg

P1030338.jpg

mikee":1ijsk2lv said:
its a 20 or a large GT's were sized s/m/l /xl rather than by numbers
well some years any way , this is a 92 , still has a u-brake on the back
i'll drag it out later and put a tape on it and let you know the sizes
some more pics
I have a Pantera AL from 199x, I dont know the size so if you could post your measurements here I would be more than Happy. I think mine is a L or XL.

I'd say if the top tube gusset joins the down tube, it must either be a pretty small frame or slightly different to the one pictured?

right forgot about this

top tube length ct-ct 23"

seat tube - b/b 20" , 22.5" ct/top

head tube length 6.5 "

its BIIIG

If your unsure the safest thing to do is ask what the standover is and on the frame size ask where they are measuring from and too

Latest posts

Back