GT LTS 2000

Could I not run wire operated calipers then have two wire going into the one lever ?
You could run a splitter from a bmx, there aren't many levers that would pull two cables. Getting them balanced would be a bitch and pad wear would mean that one would be out of sync very quickly. The best cable approach would be a wobble bar like a car handbrake has but one disc would brake before the other.

Hydraulic discs wouldn't have the same issues and would be easier to install. Magic fluid does the balancing for you and the pistons are self regulating.

You could run a splitter from a bmx, there aren't many levers that would pull two cables. Getting them balanced would be a bitch and pad wear would mean that one would be out of sync very quickly. The best cable approach would be a wobble bar like a car handbrake has but one disc would brake before the other.

Hydraulic discs wouldn't have the same issues and would be easier to install. Magic fluid does the balancing for you and the pistons are self regulating.
Ok sound I’ll look out if you know or see if any set ups leavers etc give us a shout please. Any help would be much appreciated, as I’ve always wanted one of these bikes it’s just unfortunate I’ve had to wait until I’m nearly 40 lol

So I’ve done some searching and came up with Cullymore Engineering in the uk made a t piece junction bolted to the fork crown.

Attachments

• C0B50542-FB70-4035-AE82-ECA64A3A8EF1.png
    C0B50542-FB70-4035-AE82-ECA64A3A8EF1.png
    485.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 44AF98C7-65DD-40AF-9E3A-DDAEC9F6CBF5.png
    44AF98C7-65DD-40AF-9E3A-DDAEC9F6CBF5.png
    531 KB · Views: 13
  • 60C9FAFB-0B01-4267-9AF1-13A54D164B1E.png
    60C9FAFB-0B01-4267-9AF1-13A54D164B1E.png
    595.3 KB · Views: 13
You know you don't have to put a brake on the right hand side?

You say you're 38? You might be searching till your 78 for a right hand caliper and the hub!

Also, those caliper mounts might pre-date the IS standard so you might need an adapter. Good luck finding a left hand one, a right handed one...

And if the stays are already known for cracking then adding a rear disc certainly won't be going to improve that!

You know you don't have to put a brake on the right hand side?

You say you're 38? You might be searching till your 78 for a right hand caliper and the hub!

Also, those caliper mounts might pre-date the IS standard so you might need an adapter. Good luck finding a left hand one, a right handed one...

And if the stays are already known for cracking then adding a rear disc certainly won't be going to improve that!
If the option is there then I will consider all options and try all avenues before giving up on an idea. Personally I’m not in a rush and don’t have a defeatist attitude so if I’m 98 and I find one I’ll be happy as pigs in the brown stuff. But there’s no harm in asking questions and the biking community helping me out. We are all here for the same things the love of retro bikes and if it wasn’t for people like us these bikes would not be around. I also have a retro car a Vauxhall cavalier SRI which was my first car from when I passed my test. This is sat in a garage and is better than money in the bank, this can be said for retro push irons. The rear disk is an option and if I have to sacrifice the lts 3000 for the lts 2000 I will. The lts 3000 has disk brakes front and rear on it already. So I want double disks on the front the company still exists in the Uk so I’ll give them a call and see if they can help. Anything can be designed on a computer and 3D printed these days were not stuck in the 90’s with limited options.

You said the LTS3000 rear disc brake is 'strapped on' or something? Can't remember exactly how you put it? So it's some sort of adapter? Maybe that could just be moved to the 2000?

You said the LTS3000 rear disc brake is 'strapped on' or something? Can't remember exactly how you put it? So it's some sort of adapter? Maybe that could just be moved to the 2000?
The rear caliper is strapped to the frame as there is no mounting points. But the strap is shaped to the frame and is too small to fit on the front of the 2000.

Can you get rebuild kits for the suspension and shocks.
I can help out with the Bombers Fork in seals and spares. I have re-done all Marzocchi Seals in the last ~15 years - all 24 / 26 / 30 / 32 / 35 / 38 / 40mm Seal-Kits.

Looks like the fork (Z2?) has FS disc mounts, I have created a well known disc adapter FS --> IS for the right side which easily can be used for a mirrored milling job, just in case if you find a solution for IS disc brakes and want to go with it.

Also I have created an open, public repository for Marzocchi including ~1.600 documents from 1989 - 2018 here => Check my Marzocchi Manuals Repository :
=> https://public-repository.org/ (with search interface) or
=> https://public-repository.org/marzocchi/ (direct file access)

My Retro Parts Collection is here (not all).

I can help out with the Bombers Fork in seals and spares. I have re-done all Marzocchi Seals in the last ~15 years - all 24 / 26 / 30 / 32 / 35 / 38 / 40mm Seal-Kits.

Looks like the fork (Z2?) has FS disc mounts, I have created a well known disc adapter FS --> IS for the right side which easily can be used for a mirrored milling job, just in case if you find a solution for IS disc brakes and want to go with it.

Also I have created an open, public repository for Marzocchi including ~1.600 documents from 1989 - 2018 here => Check my Marzocchi Manuals Repository :

Hi

Many Thanks, if you need any more photos then please let me know. How much do you charge for the rebuild kits posted to the uk.

Many Thanks

Joe

Hi

Sorry also how much for the disk adapters.

Cheers

Back