GT EDGE CX

It's not a EDGE, the EDGE was only available as steel (fillet brazed) or titanium frame, your linked bike looks like a old FORCE (alloy) .

3372184171_f67e3a32df_b.jpg

Re:

Crikey ,

That is a smart looking bike :cool: good work . Getting a hankering for a first cx bike myself now , to be mainly used off road . Can anyone advise what to looks for / avoid ? Also would I look for a frame size the same as my road bikes , or smaller for better nadgers clearance . Any advise - keep it clean - welcome .
Thanks ,

Mike

Re: GT Edge 853 CX

I picked up a custom GT Edge 853 CX bike. Although it's far too small for me, I can't seem to let it go - secondary to it's sheer beauty!

That said, it does delivery a dynamic ride. I find it to be both nimble and comfortable.

Bottom line, I absolutely marvel at it's exceptional craftsmanship.

Attachments

• GT-Edge_.jpg
    GT-Edge_.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,811
  • GT-Edge__.jpg
    GT-Edge__.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3,810
Re:

I was gonna make a move on that frameset cuz mine is too small for me.

But I just bought a Merlin Ti frameset and so, my girl would hurt me.

lfo":1tfthp4x said:
It's not a EDGE, the EDGE was only available as steel (fillet brazed) or titanium frame, your linked bike looks like a old FORCE (alloy) .

3372184171_f67e3a32df_b.jpg

That's not the case. I owned an alloy Edge road frame before I purchased my Excel tubed steel one because the alloy was too small. If you check out the catalog on here you will see they offered the bike in 6061, steel (Excel, True Temper and 853 depending on the year) and Ti.

dirttorpedo":3k83es36 said:
lfo":3k83es36 said:
That's not the case. I owned an alloy Edge road frame before I purchased my Excel tubed steel one because the alloy was too small. If you check out the catalog on here you will see they offered the bike in 6061, steel (Excel, True Temper and 853 depending on the year) and Ti.

OK you're right, but i think you must agree the steel 853 fillet-brazed Edge looks ten times better than the alloy Edge.:cool: :shock:

14093783302_3879a15029_b.jpg

Back