GT 853 Singlespeed frame. Very rare, maybe unique

Hellenic stays cross the seat tube and anchor under the top tube. The name comes from Fred Hellens, who developed the design in 1923

Took the above from the Hetchins website. GT weren't the only ones to do a 'triple triangle', they just made it a trademark feature of their range. They weren't the only ones to pierce the top tube with the seat tube either – saracen did that a fair bit in the mid '90s amongst others. But GT are the only brand who feature both details.

Crayons":18r3a5gx said:
Hellenic stays cross the seat tube and anchor under the top tube. The name comes from Fred Hellens, who developed the design in 1923

Took the above from the Hetchins website. GT weren't the only ones to do a 'triple triangle', they just made it a trademark feature of their range. They weren't the only ones to pierce the top tube with the seat tube either – saracen did that a fair bit in the mid '90s amongst others. But GT are the only brand who feature both details.

Hetchins frames I think were known as the 'Flying Butress' with the same design

I feel that this should be reported, as the seller has not replied to any requests here even for things like the serial number.

nic":345tjxj6 said:
I feel that this should be reported, as the seller has not replied to any requests here even for things like the serial number.

Yup, should be reported as an infringement on copyright (VERO I think)

Back