GT 853 Singlespeed frame. Very rare, maybe unique

Well, my question an all the comments above go exactly on that direction. We know it´s not a GT, there are a lot of details missing.

Still, good luck on sale.

I'm confused (well I am past 50 and it is Friday!)

The frame at the top of this thread appears to have an unpainted bottom bracket sheel (unless it's a trick of the light).

The bike at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-853-Single-Spe ... 286.c0.m14 appears to have a painted bottom bracket shell. Is it the same frame? If it is, what happened to the paint?

More importantly, I have 2 more questions:

1. Can the seller guarantee it's even 853 tubing?
2. What's the serial number on the frame?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Trick of the light I think :D

This is a nice looking frame but certainly isn't a GT frame – the most obvious difference being the pierced top/seat tube junction, this is a GT trademark detail and there's no way they'd abandon it on a triple-triangle MTB frame. They even included it on the recent carbon zaskar which is moulded, purely as an aesthetic touch – sorry.

One would have to then call into question if it isn't a GT as described is it likely to be the tubeset of the moment (853) as described?

Don't get me wrong – if you've purchased it recently from an ebay seller specifically because it's an 853 tubed GT then you have grounds to get a refund. If you're the same-said ebay seller and you're trying to sell it on here as a GT I'm afraid you'll find this particular audience a little too well informed.

Good luck with the sale ;)

I think its a trick of the light-

Looks nice to me-

How much does it weigh?
And is there a serial number?

One would suspect it's the same seller, judging by the statement that it rides beautifully. I doubt anyone would have bought it, built it up for a few rides and then dismantled it to sell on, unless it's pants of course.

Right i've tried t'internet with no success, what does hellenic mean?

Back