GT 853 Singlespeed frame. Very rare, maybe unique

feary

Retro Newbie
A GT 853 Single Speed Frame from the late 90s, beleived to be unique. In good condition with a few makes from use, but no cracks or dents whatsoever. Rides absolutely beautifully.

Headtube, 1 1/8", 100mm Seattube C-C is 17", 43cm Effective TT is around 56cm Seat pin required is 27.2 with a shim, included I will include a Hope seat clamp

£200 posted.....(to UK)

GTSS-1.jpg

GTSS-2.jpg

GTSS-3.jpg

GTSS-4.jpg

GTSS-5.jpg

GTSS-6.jpg

GTSS-7.jpg

Think this frame was the subject of much discussion, was it on ebay in the last few months?

kaiser":2cjb01yh said:
Think this frame was the subject of much discussion, was it on ebay in the last few months?

Yes, it was on ebay a few times back in summer, good luck on the sale.

Do people assume triple triangle designs are automatically GT? Don't mean to cause an issue in your FS thread, but do you know with absolute certainty that this is a GT?

Thanks

Complete bike was for sale for £500 on e-bay... didn't sell. Then frame only was on e-bay with a starting price of £150... didn't sell.

Dar Kuma":31dubyn9 said:
This is a kind of weird

Ooopps edited that before I could quote you....you had stated you were sure it was a GT frame...but I wouldn't be sure:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 1ce17c761b

quote from that thread:
gm1230126":31dubyn9 said:
It's a hellenic frame but it's not a GT. This was covered in a previous post which makes me wonder if it's even 853???

My apologies to the seller if he is somehow able to prove this is a GT

goldenera, yeah, i was sure but then i noticed there was no tube sticking out of the rear seat tube like most GT's have....

Back