great link! MUST SEE for all bicycle enthusiasts! trust me !

Fantastic!

From the quality dipped finish to the guy filling and packing 1000 hubs a day!

A glimpse of Britain before the rise of the Unions!

Great film :cool:

I used to work on production for townsend cycles in the early 90's and it was pretty much the same there :LOL: My job was reflectors. Rear red, rear wheel, front clear, front wheel, repeat 150 x a day, 600 reflectors a day, 5 days a week. Crackin job :LOL:

Man! that was great!

I love the marvelling over how their up to the minute lightweight model compared to the ridiculous primitive beasts of the past, the lack of safety gear, the disgruntled face on the 'junior worker' worker...

The whole Culmondley-Warner vibe! Too cool. I want a Rudge now

excellent find; there are similar olde films showing how cars used to be made.

1,000 hubs a day, that would surely drive anyone mad, not to mention hand dipped in enamal!!!!!!

love it :cool:
takes us back in the time machine :LOL:

Will try to show it to my boys so that they understand how fast the train of progress is heading on and how lucky they are to be much further "down the road" rather than having to build 1000 hubs a day :idea:

I would have loved to know more about all "the special treatments" parts are subject to :LOL:

and where can I find the machine that tells me immediately which spoke needs to be tightened so that the wheels I am building are true :idea: ;)

I imagine it took the skilled worker about 1/10 th of the time I need :roll:

Back