Great big Singlespeed thread!

Yh but bit of bounce allows more fun as going to dentist is not what I consider fun ;d

& here's proof of a fun machine having a rest int garden int bikestand.
30hr30m.jpg

Sublime ride, i'm running a 29T ring as that's the most sensible ring it came with and can't get them smaller or larger than that for it's an odd BCD.
So 16:29 and have a spare CK 18T sprocket if needed.

Re:

I'm thinking of running my 29er singlespeed through the winter.
Has anyone got any buying advise on cogs and tensioners?

Re:

Surly are good but Halo and Gusset can be had cheaper and as good a quality. Just make sure you get one with a wide base to avoid tearing into freehub bodies.

Charlie the bikemeonger
Velo Solo
Superstar

All do the bits and bobs needed. As for a tensioner most are fine but I do like the NC-17 one I have.

makster":1x7y3qni said:
lumos2000":1x7y3qni said:
the freewheeling singlespeeding on one inbreeding bikepacking machine :D

Luke, this is ace!
How does it ride?

its not to bad, the on one frame is a bit on the heavy side, but build for abuse. I have a similar set up with a cinder cone frame that is a nicer ride and a bit lighter.

Re:

Part of my wholesale change to 29ers.

Using a lot of parts from the Pipedream, very comfy although now the weather has changed the tyres may be interesting!

Re:

I ended up buying a tensioner and cog/spacers from superstar.
I'm hoping to get time this weekend to get it all fitted and go for a muddy test ride :D

Hi guys
Its been a while since I posted in this thread as nothing much has changed, still running the Pugsley singlespeed and the 1X1.
Quiet day so just thought I'd share a pic of my new saddle fitted to the 1X1. Its nothing fancy just a Charge Spoon limited edition colour, but it matches nicely. Love this machine.
Jamie

Latest posts

Back