Grand Prix bike 57cm

retrotrack

Retro Guru
Hello,

I've got a lovely bike I'd like to sell. I purchased this bike off the Father of the original owner who sadly didn't know that much about the bike.

By the looks of things it's been repainted and rebuilt (which has been done surprisingly nice!)

The bike had a nut and bolt strip and rebuild at a LBS (18 or so years ago...) and has sat there since. Brakes are extremely sharp, gears shift seamlessly and wheels spin straight and hubs are smooth. Cables are the correct length and everything has been greased properly, this bike has been looked after but sadly spending time in a workshop hasn't done the spokes any good. Chrome on the forks has a very, very small amount of pitting which is hardly noticeable.

The bike is 90% there but just needs that extra push to get it going. It's running tubulars so rear wheel have to be replaced. Smart looking gumwalls can be purchased off t'bay for £15. Front wheel spokes have quite a bit of corrosion to them. Seatpost is very, very small, fairly sure a shim has been placed in the seat-tube which suggests it was damaged at some point, I've looked it over and it seems fine which is a little strange.
Saddle cover could also do with re-gluing.

. 57cm seat-tube, 56cm top-tube
. Unbranded headset and BB
. Raleigh custom chainset
. Weinmann brake calipers and levers, Kool-stop pads
. Shimano RS groupset
. Cosmos bar + stem
. Selle saddle
. Ofmega on Mavic tub wheelset
. SR pedals

To summarise a very nice bike in superb mechanical condition just in need of a rear tyre to get it rideable.

I'd like £120 posted please.

DSC_0463_zps6aceec0f.jpg

DSC_0464_zps33649ba5.jpg

DSC_0465_zps11482490.jpg

DSC_0466_zpse5e752e3.jpg

DSC_0467_zps77315c73.jpg

I might be interested, but I'm new to retro bikes so I'm not sure I'd have the expertise to fix this up properly. Any idea how much this weighs roughly?

Hi,

to get it running all you'd need to do is buy a tubular tyre off the internet which can be had for £15. It's just a case of removing the old one, cleaning the wheel surface and gluing the new one one.

Back