Got some Titanium? Riser bar or Morati M-Bar wanted!

AmberGambler

Old School Hero
Hi im after a Morati M-bar or a titanium riser bar... If you got one or know someone who has one please give us a shout.

cheers

Attachments

• 39296.jpg
    39296.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1,812
pretty rare those m-bars

Hi I also want an m-bar, there was a set in the US on e-bay for like $500us way out of my price range. The bar ends are even harder to find best of luck. Also the morati ti seat posts are pretty rare, but i did get a road post here in NZ for a song.

Conrad

Re: pretty rare those m-bars

Conrads":3r9z7ppi said:
Hi I also want an m-bar, there was a set in the US on e-bay for like $500us way out of my price range. The bar ends are even harder to find best of luck. Also the morati ti seat posts are pretty rare, but i did get a road post here in NZ for a song.

Conrad

I saw that one and now i wish I had bid on it. If you think about its not really that bad for stem+bar. Most Ti stems are in the range of 250 - 350 USD while most bars go for 150USD and up. so no matter what you do if you want Ti in the front you end up paying around 500...

I know very expensive....but my morati ti road post was had for $35nz......the guy selling it didn't know what he had.......score of the decade.
Now I need a morati road frame/fork/stem to use it.......haha

nuke proof

watch out for those nuke proof riser bars. I had some of them and they were recalled by nuke proof and chain reaction. The welds failed and there were some serious injuries! As far as I know, no one has made a Ti riser for the same reason. good luck!

Re: nuke proof

tommyw":35iczn7b said:
watch out for those nuke proof riser bars. I had some of them and they were recalled by nuke proof and chain reaction. The welds failed and there were some serious injuries! As far as I know, no one has made a Ti riser for the same reason. good luck!

I knew that there were some issues with the nukeproof ones, but didnt realise it was that bad. Thanks for the heads up!

Most dont do Ti risers because there is apperantly issues when they do the "bend/rise" of the bar. I honestly dont understand why this would create a weak spot since the same construction can be found on alu bars, but thats what people say anyway...

I have had a set of White Brothers risers for about 15 years with no problems. Watch US eBay and they come up occasionally. Someone was selling unbranded Ti risers that looked exactly like the WB ones.

Ive got this response back from Ti Cycles:

"...Unfortunately we do not do riser bars. We can do any sweep you would like, and of course there are any number of stems that can accommodate your needs in regard to bar height. Let us know if you'd like to order a custom flat bar..."

I didnt ask after a frickin flatbar :facepalm:

LQQK":j2uz2lt4 said:
I have had a set of White Brothers risers for about 15 years with no problems. Watch US eBay and they come up occasionally. Someone was selling unbranded Ti risers that looked exactly like the WB ones.

WB Ti risers sounds interesting, possible to get pictures?

Back