Good water bottles

If you're trying to take a drink from your bottle whilst riding a rigid bike on a rocky xc trail then you're doing something wrong.
What's wrong with stopping for a brief minute to take a drink? And drink in your surroundings and admire the view whilst you're at it
Zefal still do some fairly plain looking bottles that suit most retro bikes.
I recently picked up a fairly lurid but plain looking flouro pink bottle from Halfords, can't remember the brand though...
Otherwise the free SIS or High 5 bottles are in regular use by me.
If you're after a bottle to match the make of your frame then most of the big makers still make branded bottles, often for the roadies, not so retro looking but might match your bike?

WD Pro":21yy42qo said:
But you can leave a podium open without it leaking (even upside down) ;-)

I only ever 'close' them when chucking them in my bag or car boot etc :D

WD :D

I guess that makes sense. A friend of mine had one he carried around but I never really gave any thought to it. Except the time he filled it with Sprite and told the teacher it was seltzer water... :LOL:

Podium is what i use for everything, they last for years, my oldest ones i bought shortly after they were released (~10 years ago?) are still in pretty good nick, the purist are a distant second to the podium.

The purists i bought for my wife are looking fairly battered and ready for replacement after only 4 years or so..... remembering that shes barely been on a bike for the last 2 and a half years.

Re:

Well that just about does it - I'm off to search for a podium. And I did't even want a new bottle?!

Re: Re:

elPedro666":xuig5yk4 said:
Have you not got at least half a dozen bright yellow BikeFood bottles?! :D

I've ended up with loads of High5 bottles from when PlanetX (or wherever) do the boxes of energy stuffs for 90% off... Paying for a bottle seems like a really alien concept! :LOL:

Aye,but those high5 came with a wee pile of iso goodies :D Which is why I have 4x 750ml and the bike food yellow from the meets :D

And im one for stopping . Not wanting to die for a drink :LOL:

Back