Good water bottles

james1985

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Any one have a source for decent quality bottles that have an older look that would suit our bikes? not having much luck, but maybe im just looking in the wrong place.

Unless your matching a brand to your bike, I would just give in and go with a camelback podium ... :D

Me - Podiums for posh, high 5 freebies for everyday - lending to the GF (I never see them again ...) taking to the pool etc :D

WD :D

The Specialized Purist bottles work really well as they don't stain or leave a taste if you use electrolytes/recovery powder etc. they also offer a service whereby if you order enough (50 minimum?) you can do a full custom design, perhaps worth tapping John up and seeing if he'd like to make some RetroBike ones with a nice subtle retro looking logo on. Failing that the Powerbar bottle that is still sold new hasn't changed in about 20 odd years, or you can go full-on collector weirdo and have a collection of vintage water bottles that look really nice but you'd likely get dysentery if you used them*

* I do this.

+1 on the Camelbak Podium. Cheap, BPA free, loads of colours to choose from.

There's also the Camelbak performance which I like because they all have a clear vertical strip with some ml and oz markings. Really handy if mixing sports drinks in them etc as you can see how much to pour in.

All great suggestions guys, thanks for your input. Did have some real good ones but they have not surfaced from the house move, don't think they made it!

I have been looking at some real oldies but these would be for show/photo's etc. Certainly don't fancy using a 20yr old, 3rd hand bottle, yuk.

Re:

Have you not got at least half a dozen bright yellow BikeFood bottles?! :D

I've ended up with loads of High5 bottles from when PlanetX (or wherever) do the boxes of energy stuffs for 90% off... Paying for a bottle seems like a really alien concept! :LOL:

It seems to me that a sport-top water bottle would be better than that of the Podium when your riding. Just use your teeth to open and close it, which would be easier when you're on a rigid bike on a rocky XC trail... As opposed to twisting the cap with your fingers then squeezing the bottle.

But you can leave a podium open without it leaking (even upside down) ;-)

I only ever 'close' them when chucking them in my bag or car boot etc :D

WD :D

Back