Good beginner frame for friction shift 12-14 speed build

Not so bad, my house backs onto little london...

Ideally I'd like to pick up something with campag parts or modern parts like 105's and a decent steel frame that I can put a good set of wheels on, swap to come carbon bars and seat post and paint the whole thing black, I just can't find anything suitable, the only one I really had my heart set on I messed up the ebay time and arrived to see it finish and for less than I'd have given if pushed.

like 105's and a decent steel frame that I can put a good set of wheels on, swap to come carbon bars and seat post and paint the whole thing black, I just can't find anything suitable, the only one I really had my heart set on I messed up the ebay time and arrived to see it finish and for less than I'd have given if pushed.

Well a strange noise is coming from my Pug now, basically a knocking in the bottom bracket, add that to the bent bars, terrible brakes and non-standard seatpost and cranks and it's all starting to add up so I'm back on the hunt for parts to start hourding with due haste as I'm not too sure she'll see the winter out at the current rate. A good frame being the starting point but I'm just not having any sort of luck at the minute, does ebay seem quiet to anyone else?

Back