Good beginner frame for friction shift 12-14 speed build

My budget initially is £200-300, more if I stretch the project out and do some saving.

The calagno's a very nice bike and would no doubt build up excellently but Ideally I was looking to get a good groupset already on a ridable frame that could be sold if a better one pops up meaning it'd be a cheap build up long term.
Though that could well mean nothing if the derailiour/gears aren't already on a cassette or able to be easily upgraded to more modern/common parts.

I already know the hassle and the extra cost of having to run a nos campy hub on my current pug because a modern hub wasn't readily available to take my freewheel.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bad luck. It can be a frustrating game, can't it.

On the bright side, if you bid on 7 bikes there are plenty out there.

Good luck for the next one!

David

I wouldn't be so sure that there's loads out there, I'd placed bids on everything from real restro frame only jobs to immaculate campy equipped ready to rides.

We'll see, I hope something crops up, Carbolites are lite in name only.

apart from the fact it says sold above it? i really dislike retrospective cycles...i don't even know why, just something about it rubs me up the wrong way.

Rather annoyingly it got sold in the space between you checking the thread and me posting it or so it looks!

I'm sick of looking my pugs falling apart, I snapped the fork on a pot hole near roundhay park, was lucky to not come off and get home on the bike, didn't realise how bad it was till I got home and was like. -> :shock:

i came off my bike as well thanks to a pot hole, the joys of west yorkshire! i was lucky there was no traffic behind me or i'd have been a duck pancake.

I didn't come off, I managed to style it out and get home without leaving the saddle, didn't realise I'd torn the crown till I got home and saw. And yeah, I'd have gone headlong into oncoming if it wasn't 5am in the morning.

Where in W. Yorks are you out of curiosity?

Back