Going Straight

Painting another Camper soon -so with all these changes may be worth painting up the frame with 2k and 5 coats of Lacquer while I'm at it -'Eau de Nil' with another colour harmony ...such a loverly colour....we'll see. If she takes to it, then I'll have it prepped, sprayed and baked in a day or two -decals/ designs hmm...

GIGFY's stunning Dayton is haunting my waking hours though -The bike is, well just a time capsule, and couldn't have fallen into better hands.

Pinstripes and panels -time they made a comeback mefinks ..maybe Jo's next B'day? ;)

Last edited:
Squeeze in the biggest tyres too - you can probably get 28s in there, which means you can drop the pressure massively, so you end up with twice the comfort and 4x the contact patch
be careful though if you are fitting tyres and tubes with low pressures. Low pressures and tubes can easily lead to pinch punctures should she ride over a stone or through a pothole. If your wheels can take tubeless (I assume not), low pressures aren't a problem

Squeeze in the biggest tyres too - you can probably get 28s in there, which means you can drop the pressure massively, so you end up with twice the comfort and 4x the contact patch
28mm Ride Tours -made for the cindertrack... Put some on The Experto 'modernised' Crede -despite the lower pressure of 85psi they roll fine.

only for a double, so she wont be able to make use of the triple chainset. That won't matter if you are riding flat terrain
Flat reclaimed railway trails, sunny afternoons with coffee + cake shops at each stop...that's the pic we've got to paint here... lure her in slowly ;)

I'll be taking bets that the bike will be back on drops within the season if she takes the bait. Regardless, be nice for her, and she's a competitive soul...we'll see.

Flat reclaimed railway trails, sunny afternoons with coffee + cake shops at each stop...that's the pic we've got to paint here... lure her in slowly ;)

I'll be taking bets that the bike will be back on drops within the season if she takes the bait. Regardless, be nice for her, and she's a competitive soul...we'll see.
aye, but there's always that final 50 metre 20% ramp up to where the campervan is sited ;)

aye, but there's always that final 50 metre 20% ramp up to where the campervan is sited ;)

At the moment we don't have that problem . . . 'Fritz' the camper is in a world of pain.. but you're right, I'm with you, there's always a 1:4 gradient back to the start -law of the sod. ;)

IMG_2109.jpeg IMG_2110.jpeg

Get more bikes in there👍
I sometimes take the front seat and rear base out of our car, saves van hire
Love the attitude ! ;)

Using a bike rack on the car at the mo, but can get to Forest of Dean, Monmouth, Abregavenny, Wye valley, Gloscester and beyond pretty easily from where we are -just too nice to miss the summer TBH...van is on the back burner, bills to pay, kids to feed, blah, blah.....

Apart from a few flats on the south coast marshes where the GB team train regularly, straight outta Newport, Velodrome. It's flat from the Bridge to Cardiff.

But as the old saying rings true here in Wales:

'Don't add upgrades, ride up grades' ...you don't really have much choice, it's Wales, place is covered in lumps and could do with a roof. ;)

Last edited:
Back