Going Straight

All a learning curb, whatever you get into -I'm no sprayer by trade, but everybody has got something on the side and it's what i'm doing around the day job -and I don't sleep much. Important to have something creative that challenges you -folx need projects!

Retrobike is a great example of a community doing just this in so many interesting ways, doing, making, restoring, and spreading what's been learnt! Only came across the forum a month ago found it full of peeps doing similar to what i've been up to for years in a variety of different ways, and finding particular areas of interests, experts in their fields ! Like finding family -sounds a bit wanky, but genuinely feels like anything you need help with, someone has an angle and is willing to help.

Beyond, food/kids/living/health -Is there anything else as important?

Been helped so much in the short time i've been on the forum, don't know much, but be very cool if there's something i can contribute to the pot to help someone else.

Been a total pleasure if I've helped a little with yer project Stephan -even if only to confirm what you were thinking -sometimes that's enough isn't it?

Last edited:
All a learning curb, whatever you get into -I'm no sprayer by trade, but everybody has got something on the side and it's what i'm doing around the day job -and I don't sleep much. Important to have something creative that challenges you -folx need projects!

Retrobike is a great example of a community doing just this in so many interesting ways, doing, making, restoring, and spreading what's been learnt! Only came across the forum a month ago found it full of peeps doing similar to what i've been up to for years in a variety of different ways, and finding particular areas of interests, experts in their fields ! Like finding family -sounds a bit wanky, but genuinely feels like anything you need help with, someone has an angle and is willing to help.

Beyond, food/kids/living/health -Is there anything else as important?

I've. been helped so much in the short time i've been on the forum, don't know much, but be very cool if there's something i can contribute into the pot to help someone else.

Been a total pleasure if I've helped a little with yer project Stephan -even if only to confirm what you were thinking -sometimes that's enough isn't it?
Cheers Jez, I may still test some 2K on the newly bought/applied "Cellulose Gloss Lacquer" that I have put on the forks, am no convinced its old "school" petroleum based Cellulose that I have used or bought.

Update soon (when am in tears) 🤪

Tis indeed thinking about it... 🤣

Do threads tend weave a whole lot of wacky stuff into an odd storyline before finally answering the original question?

And everything else!

Got an odd question while were here and talking about finishes/protecting the shiny stuff from oxidation

-Nickel, Chrome, Brass, Copper, Gold, Silver -all the conductive plate able metals via electrolysis as finishes...

Q's? anybody ever Galvanize steel frames? Columbus/Reynolds steel alloys behave oddly at all -like become brittle/soften/tempur during electolysis?

And everything else!

Got an odd question while were here and talking about finishes/protecting the shiny stuff from oxidation

-Nickel, Chrome, Brass, Copper, Gold, Silver -all the conductive plate able metals via electrolysis as finishes...

Q's? anybody ever Galvanize steel frames? Columbus/Reynolds steel alloys behave oddly at all -like become brittle/soften/tempur during electolysis?
As far as I know, hydrogen embrittlement is the main concern. Even after treatment for embrittlement. 753 can't or should not be chrome plated.

Back