Going Straight

The Brecon canal towpath is glorious. Detour up to talybont reservoir. Fantastic cafe/tea shop just below swing bridge on canal. Crickhowell is a pleasure.

The Brecon canal towpath is glorious. Detour up to talybont reservoir. Fantastic cafe/tea shop just below swing bridge on canal. Crickhowell is a pleasure.
Have to pinch yerself its that nice -and the waterfalls...Fooquet-moi Stunning!!!

Right up there at the top of the list next to breathing and living...

Yeah and you've left the engine in the boot. 🤯
Does have 6 reverse gears though! -
Flipped the diff in a Subaru WRX box, not easy, loads of grinding, but better than the original VW box/engine by a looong shot. Scoots along 'in reverse' -done about 40 thou with it like that...whole thing is not backwards at going forward with that 2.5 in the back ! ;) Bit pointless really with Wales being 20mph everywhere...easier and nicer getting around by bike honestly.

Still got some welding to do -put windows back in -eject the spider community (they ain't gonna like that especially those falsie Widow types -bit aggro that mob ), spray it up, and get it running -3 weeks to do it.

Unfortunately after the last 5 day holiday, even though it was done bargain basement price, I've been cashstrated -but can stretch to getting a few bike bits for Joby :(

Anyway -back in the room...
OXFORD Northroad bars? 25.4/22mm Alloy -any good? lower profile than what I was considering.

There's a sort of 'right' shape for the bike -and you know it when you see it...not quite there yet don't think..
Screenshot 2024-07-27 at 16.15.08.png
IMG_0191.jpeg IMG_0194.jpeg

Last edited:
Devil for deviation -sorry... ;) IMG_2113[99].jpeg IMG_2112[99].jpeg

Bingo! -found some Renthals in the shed off something -and they're black and light and not costing anything... never considered these until we started talking swept-backs, think they'll do, not as curved as I thought but I'll fit them up and see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Ahhh...Fly in ointment -22.2mm OD. Knew they were narrow, off a crosser so no increase in the stem clamp area. Need to make a shim up to 31.8mm...Can't find one to make the jump anywhere on line.

Q? -Where do you get a 22.2 -31.8 shim? Not bothered about anodised, used, abused as long as they do the job.

image[34].jpg IMG_2115.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
We have 22.2-25.4 shims,
from bmx/motocross onto mtb era
Then we have 25.4-31.8 shims, to cover the introduction of oversize.
You should be able to double shim it😃
But given i think you need a shorter stem...
😉

Latest posts

Back