Wanted Goat Gobbler chain guide 🐐

Heavy.....just use one of these....Rohloff...best Ive found. Got a few....even drilled one to make it even lighter! Chains do not come off.....

Its 69g un-drilled.

Unless you really want a goat gobbler

Attachments

• 20221020_124820.jpg
    20221020_124820.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221020_124743.jpg
    20221020_124743.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220804_134710.jpg
    20220804_134710.jpg
    941.5 KB · Views: 7
So it’s basically a solid block clamped to the seat tube, and a milled aluminium bobbin bolted to it?
Ive seen a few pulley wheels for motorbike chains that look similar. That bit be easy I think. But I want to try do it justice and make it look as close as we can to the original, otherwise it’s just a bodged job by me.

Last edited:
Was tempted to modify a bmx stem or like an x-lite fly stem. Just need to drill a hole in the end to fit the pulley wheel into it.

From other pics I think the front side of it has like a 25 to 35 degree angle face to it from centre point out to drive side, but the back looks mostly flat.

Last edited:
Is this the Welshman himself who invented it ?

Ideally I want the dimensions to make it a replica. We can see otherwise it is just a simple aluminium block with a pulley wheel on the end. That we can do 👍

Yes luv u long time. 🙈
The pic is of Justin Loretz riding for MBUK in 1993, so this an early one, he said he couldnt find it so I suspect this is the one that JMC used at Mammoth after Andy Kyffin spangled himself, interestingly the cranks are Tioga Revolvers he got from Tomac at Newham after his failed and he went to ask Tomac if he knew who to speak to about replacments....

The pic is of Justin Loretz riding for MBUK in 1993, so this an early one, he said he couldnt find it so I suspect this is the one that JMC used at Mammoth after Andy Kyffin spangled himself, interestingly the cranks are Tioga Revolvers he got from Tomac at Newham after his failed and he went to ask Tomac if he knew who to speak to about replacments....
Great knowledge. So do we think their might be 2 in the world or still likely just the 1 with Steve peat ? 🤔

Last edited:
Back