girvin / noleen linkage

these are not alloy inside from what i can make out,looked inside the pivot hole,i think the bonding in the top alloy bonded lug has moved,took them to bits today and laid them all out and the carbon is straight and good,and the pivot bars are straight,

cheers for link but am not a member there and cant see

mounty70":344hy7eo said:
these are not alloy inside from what i can make out,looked inside the pivot hole,i think the bonding in the top alloy bonded lug has moved,took them to bits today and laid them all out and the carbon is straight and good,and the pivot bars are straight,

Worth signing up if you've anything 'Flex related ;)

mounty70":2u9v652o said:

I promise you, they're wrapped ally. I've already got the photo uploaded.

dsc03169r.jpg

I believe the same technique is used on giants cadex bikes? wrapping very thin alli tubes with carbon tubes then bonding them together to then join to the ali lugs to make the complete frame. Nothing wrong with it

but then These days I rarely know what I am talking about as I'm sure the alzihiemers is getting me

mounty70":pnb34nyw said:
You guys reckon i should give em some large and bend em back then :LOL:
scaffold pole FTW. I can't understand how if the bonding had come loose anywhere it would cause the wheel to be misaligned in the way you describe. Is it possible the top steerer clamp was clamped out of alignment which could cause the problems you describe?

even all bolts tight and not fitted on a bike the top front pivot is out of alignment with the bottom front pivot,and if the pivots are removed and put together without the linkages and steerer then you look down,they are still out by about 5mm,something is bent.

bin i reckon :(

Before you drop them in the bin, send them to me. I've got a spare set of linkages so I could try these and see if they are still out or not. It would be a waste to throw them.

mounty70":1meqw952 said:
Carbon doesnt bend tho,it splinters,forgot to say mine are carbon :?

Your dropout is probably sinking into one of the legs... thus making one leg shorter than the other, I've seen it before on the carbon Crosslinks/Noleens. The alu piece at the end of the leg (dropouts) came unbonded. Can ask at work if it's fixable (I work at a carbon fiber shop)

sylus":zowjbnij said:
I believe the same technique is used on giants cadex bikes? wrapping very thin alli tubes with carbon tubes then bonding them together to then join to the ali lugs to make the complete frame. Nothing wrong with it

but then These days I rarely know what I am talking about as I'm sure the alzihiemers is getting me

Is that just to give a metal/metal bond at the lug rather than for strength I wonder? Got a CFR here but I'm not about to start sawing into it for a looksee! :LOL:

Back