Giant trance 2007 Stripdown & rebuild (for special needs lol

Mr Bionic

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,
I've got a 2007 Giant Trance 3. Bought for little money a couple of years ago (my first full sus). adapted it for my own setup, as I've only got one hand, and am more than pleased with it. I'm thinking of giving it a good overhaul.

I bought as a frame and added everything you see on it, most of which at bargain prices, but gonna get forks and shock rebuilt, upgrade to 11sp sram, possibly upgrade wheels, and will be getting new brakes too! I'm also going to try to save whatever weight I can by replacing bits with titanium or carbon.

Some ideas on frame paint would be good, I'm thinking white blue an black (team giant stylie) but I want to try to get decent decals so some advice on those would be helpful please!!!!
More images will follow BTW!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 731
Re: Giant trance 2007 Stripdown & rebuild (for special needs

Welcome to the forum, check out gil_m for decals he has a good reputation on here and has been helpful to me in the past.

TBH your bikes colour looks great to me, so no suggestions to change there other than the gold seatpost clamp, but that's just me.:)

LOL That poxy clamp. i don't care if it is hope. Its a pain in the backside! lol Thanks for the comment

I had a red Hope clamp which didn't suit, half hour and a cup of tea later and it was a matching silver. :)

Nice! think i'll be giving major thought to all additions lol

i'll have that clamp back if its so poxy bruv LOL :roll:

oh yeah told you the paint looked good too......

It was prob the seat post as i think the carbon one was too small.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a sram 11sp setup over the 9 i'm currently running. Anyone know if i'll have width issues with the cassette on the standard triangle or wheel?

Latest posts

Back