Giant MCM Team CADEX - what year?

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Can anybody tell me the year this frame was made, please? It was fitted with a hodge-podge of kit which I don't think was original equipment but was generally circa 1997-8.

Thank you.

SP

Attachments

• MCM_Carbon.JPG
    MCM_Carbon.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,980
  • MCM_Logo.JPG
    MCM_Logo.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,981
  • MCM_Frame.JPG
    MCM_Frame.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 2,981
I have the 1997/8 catalogue here scanned I need to edit and put up in the archive.

It's not the one in there.

Snipped a bit out for you,
From Giant Collection 97 /98 (blue cover)

Also they had gone disc, so 95/6 or 1997 if the 97/98 means 1998 in Giant terms (late 97 and ealry 1998 ?) ? as it's under the CADEX naming. Any serial number ?

Attachments

• Giant MCM Team 1997-8.JPG
    Giant MCM Team 1997-8.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 2,986
Actually the spec is very similar to that one, SRAM 9.0 shifters and mech and RST Mozo Pro SL forks. A Google search only shows two others and these don't have any info with them. The chap I bought it off said he bought it from a Giant employee. :? Possibly 1996-7 then?

Serial GM5A252

SP

I added a bit extra to the above. the disc rules it out.
But I think the 97 / 98 means 1998 model year in other manufacturers terms.
1997 is quite possible then ?

some one will know though.

It is pre 1998 could even be 96. I had one which I got from a friend of a freind wh worked for Giant. Full race spec. X Lite, Middleburn, Pace etc

Sadly went missing from my house last year.

That brings back memories. I had an identical frame on a bike I had from late '97 to October '99, when it got stolen :(

It was a fantastic bike. I bought it off a Giant team member. He raced on it in either '96 or '97. IIRC, it was built up with Shimano XT, and Rock Shox Mag 21 forks.

P.S. Hi there, this is my first post on here.

Back