Karma Gianni Motta Personal 2001r

Matthew F

Dirt Disciple
Sadly I have to admit it’s time to move this one on to a better home!

The pictures are from 2013 when I’d recently acquired and refurbished this bike. Following these pics I enjoyed a couple of thousand glorious miles on it - a beautiful machine to ride.

I’m embarrassed to admit, however, that as parts wore out and my time became more scarce, it was put away in a (not entirely dry) shed and is now in need of a bit more TLC.

The frame set is a 56cm Gianni Motta Personal 2001r. Structurally sound but with surface rust on the forks and stays - they could do with being re-chromed.

Other issues include:
Broken g-spring in RH gear shifter (a cheap part to replace)
Iffy sounding freehub - could use a service
Concave braking surfaces on rims
Rusted chain

The spec:
Gianni Motta Personal 2001r 56cm
Headset: campag record
Wheels: Campag record 9s hubs, Mavic Open Pro Ceramic rims
Bar / Stem: Nitto (almost new)
Seatpost: modern carbon
Saddle: none fitted
Bottom Bracket: Campag Chorus
Chainset: Campag Chorus 53/39
Cassette: Campag Veloce 9s
Chain: Campag Veloce 9s
Rear mech: Campag Record carbon 9s
Front mech: Campag Record 9s
Brifters: Campag Record carbon 9s
Brakes: Campag Record
Pedals: none fitted
Tyres: Continental GP4000

This bike is free for collection from North East London, hopefully going to someone who’ll bring it back to its former glory and enjoy a few more miles aboard!

If you'd like it then please post dibs in this thread and follow up with a PM to make arrangements. The bike must be collected by 22nd July.

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

Apologies for the slow reply. This thread seemed to have disappeared off the forum yesterday, during which time I received PM from member Tobias Rodriguez and agreed to gift him the bike.

Thanks for all the interest!

Cheers,

Matthew

Sadly I have to admit it’s time to move this one on to a better home!

The pictures are from 2013 when I’d recently acquired and refurbished this bike. Following these pics I enjoyed a couple of thousand glorious miles on it - a beautiful machine to ride.

I’m embarrassed to admit, however, that as parts wore out and my time became more scarce, it was put away in a (not entirely dry) shed and is now in need of a bit more TLC.

The frame set is a 56cm Gianni Motta Personal 2001r. Structurally sound but with surface rust on the forks and stays - they could do with being re-chromed.

Other issues include:
Broken g-spring in RH gear shifter (a cheap part to replace)
Iffy sounding freehub - could use a service
Concave braking surfaces on rims
Rusted chain

The spec:
Gianni Motta Personal 2001r 56cm
Headset: campag record
Wheels: Campag record 9s hubs, Mavic Open Pro Ceramic rims
Bar / Stem: Nitto (almost new)
Seatpost: modern carbon
Saddle: none fitted
Bottom Bracket: Campag Chorus
Chainset: Campag Chorus 53/39
Cassette: Campag Veloce 9s
Chain: Campag Veloce 9s
Rear mech: Campag Record carbon 9s
Front mech: Campag Record 9s
Brifters: Campag Record carbon 9s
Brakes: Campag Record
Pedals: none fitted
Tyres: Continental GP4000

This bike is free for collection from North East London, hopefully going to someone who’ll bring it back to its former glory and enjoy a few more miles aboard!

If you'd like it then please post dibs in this thread and follow up with a PM to make arrangements. The bike must be collected by 22nd July.

View attachment 863839

View attachment 863837
best karma ever

Back