Gary Fisher Info required

shmoo

Dirt Disciple
Hi, I've got an old Gary Fisher frame but Ive no idea what it is, does anyone have any info?

It has 91 at the beginning of the frame number, it is a yellow 'fairly oversized' Ally frame with red Cromo forks, steerer is 1 1/4", has a flexstem (not sure if original) and has an old style press fit bottom bracket (secured by circlips).

I've looked through the archives but can't find any info

Can anyone help?

cheers

Attachments

• DSC00889.JPG
    DSC00889.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC00890.JPG
    DSC00890.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 615
  • DSC00892.JPG
    DSC00892.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 615
Decals are from 1998, but they are too low on the downtube. In 1998 the cables for the mechs went over the toptube, this frame has them on the downtube.... :?

:?:

Yeah, the down tube decals seem more recent style but the decals around the headset seem earlier as does the front brake cable guide with gary Fisher logo. The bottom bracket style seems older as does the fact that the cable guides are rivetted to frame not welded.

I'm confused

Attachments

• DSC00895.JPG
    DSC00895.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC00897.JPG
    DSC00897.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 569
decals certainly aren't "period correct" thinking poor re-paint and dodgy ebay decals ;)

might be worth whipping the BB out and seeing the original frame colour, the sealed units knock out really easy

gil_m":39rr37kz said:
decals certainly aren't "period correct" thinking poor re-paint and dodgy ebay decals ;)

might be worth whipping the BB out and seeing the original frame colour, the sealed units knock out really easy

I was thinking of taking the paint off completely and getting correct-ish decals in Lapis, whatever that is. That was an catalogue option apparently. I guess thats some kind of blue.

I think its probably a 91 or 92, as it had a Suntour front mech.

Do you happen to have scans of the correct decals, Gil?

Cheers,
Andrew

Back