Gary Fisher CR-7, need new front fork, or suspension fork

globetrekker

Retro Newbie
I have a CR-7 that I bought back in 89 and I have rode it hard for nearly 20 years now. I have one major problem I need to get a new suspension fork for it and I have no idea what diameter the head tube is. Does anyone know the dimensions of this classic frame?
Thanks and hope to learn about some cool older bikes on this forum.
:)

1.25 headtube
my mate andrew has a CR7. he uses a king devo headset & 80mm marzoke fork & seems to love it :)

thanks Scant

You wouldn't happen to have his number mate? I'd love to talk to him and find out what size Headset he used. All the shops say I should just use a standard size and have a shim milled up for the difference. :?

Re: thanks Scant

globetrekker":403ckdn3 said:
You wouldn't happen to have his number mate? I'd love to talk to him and find out what size Headset he used. All the shops say I should just use a standard size and have a shim milled up for the difference. :?

hes called basil brush on this forum. pm him & mention me :)
you wouldnt need a shim made, you can buy them. he also replaced all the bolts with some industrial grade jobby

Thanks for all your help Scant.
Yeah I will look him up on the forum.
I have a 15 year old Manitou on the bike now and I lost my elastic supplier so its dead flat, but then I want to upgrade to a modern fork. I love my frame. Its the only MTB frame I have ever found that truly fits me, I was doing endo's on everything else.
:twisted:

try paging slim on here for replacement elastomers if you want to get the manis going again :)
alternatively Inigo Montoya is looking for a 1.25 mani steerer.

thanks for that yeah he can have the Mani as soon as I swap out to my new fork. I found the Chris King Devolution headset that gets me back to 1-1/8 but now I have to figure what size steerer tube I need as this is a BIG frame the head tube is at least 3 inches taller then your standard Mt bike head tube.

Back