Gaming set up advice

Stretch79

Kona Fan
Hi all,

Getting a gaming set up for the boy to play with mates and myself.

Having two ps’s and two tvs.

Now I’ve only got a wireless setup for the internet which plugs in above the tele into a socket and hard wired down to the ps.

If I did the same for the second ps would these interfere with one another if same brand or should I change brand to try to avoid any conflicts?

Thanks

Grab a picture,
Does PS mean PlayStation?

But if there is only one wire to one network socket available and no other socket spare ( talking Ethernet network cable) you could just get a cheap switch/hub and wire that up with room for more, about 10 to 15 quid in Amazon)

Grab a picture,
Does PS mean PlayStation?

But if there is only one wire to one network socket available and no other socket spare ( talking Ethernet network cable) you could just get a cheap switch/hub and wire that up with room for more, about 10 to 15 quid in Amazon)
Hello.

At the moment I have this.

Yes sorry. PS PlayStation

My approach was buy another one place in socket beside it and run another wire down so it’s hard wired.

Limits signal loss until I can get two internet cables down there

IMG_3185.jpeg

That’s what I was thinking but always handy to check. Thank you

I'd take the chance for the little they cost. How did you set that one up though to even get it on your network? I use something like them same brand too and have to first plug them into my PC to set them up (put the WiFi password in and such). I'm using them as Wifi extenders though but I do still plug devices into them wired. Unless you just press the WPS button of course... which I hadn't thought of before I edited this post

I'd take the chance for the little they cost. How did you set that one up though to even get it on your network? I use something like them same brand too and have to first plug them into my PC to set them up (put the WiFi password in and such). I'm using them as Wifi extenders though but I do still plug devices into them wired. Unless you just press the WPS button of course... which I hadn't thought of before I edited this post
There’s a WPS button on the side of it or you can use their app. Click on the WPS buttons on your router then the WiFi extender. Sets itself up and off you go

It'll work fine, but honestly just get a switch.

Either
TP-Link LS1005G
Or the Mercusys version (same company as TP-Link)

I'm assuming that is just a WiFi AP you have but used in reverse, I have some newer models and actually use in a similar method at my in-laws for their old YouViewbox

Then put that black wire into it the switch, then two other ethernet cables for the PS's
And it'll just work.

The advantage of this is that if you run wire down from the Router in future you only need one wire, stick it into the switch/hub.
You can then actually reverse that AP and use it as an WiFi extender rather than the Bridge it is now if you wish.
Saving money in the long run.

You can also get 8port version for a few pounds more.

Back