Funkungfusion

Not sure I like the cable stops much. Why not cut a slot? It’s not that difficult! Interestingly the front mech pulley boss has been located inline with the chain, rather than at 90° (evolutionary dead-end?) which had me checking through photos online and it’s not unique; as you can see in this example the pulley position is the same.
IMG_5264.jpeg IMG_5262.jpeg Front mech pulley.JPG
But what’s the plan I hear you ask! Well it’s early 1990’s, it’s a Funk, so it’s going to be loud…

Do you want a blow by blow build thread that stretches over many months/years or would you prefer to see something that's not too far off? This lot is already enroute to the painters but maybe it would be better to get your opinions now? IMG_6173.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll keep it running unless I'm told otherwise by the moderators;)

The parts went off to Griff's Reality Motorworks for media blasting, drop-out polishing and any remedial work that would be needed prior to painting. Good job too as there was a hole in the downtube! No idea how this could have happened but it had been plugged with car body filler and then smoothed over. The repair looks great but I had a right job trying to get the bits out of the tube via the small hole in the head tube. b053e5b1-a911-4e4e-9de0-59a2ad915e10.jpg 6dee0305-639a-4d7e-9409-443066fa256b.jpg IMG_6207.jpg IMG_6198.jpg

I've cannibalised the Bullseye crank from my Cannondale and for those of you who are unfamiliar with that, the spindle length had been extended get it to work. Unfortunately, that's way to big for this build so I had to put it back to stock :rolleyes: IMG_5414.jpg IMG_5451.jpg IMG_6189.jpg

The last job was to get the decals right as Gil's fork leg ones were too small. Thanks again to Felix, Woody & Ratcapa for sending me the photos and dimensions:cool:

FYI, I think this lot is now right but I won't be using the Easton decals as Daryl told me he tended to use .095" tubing rather than the thinner Easton stuff, plus this frame is heavier than the others, so I don't think it's VariLite.
Funk ~ Casper01.JPG

Last edited:
Back