Full sus with AMP rear end refurbishment questions

theboy

Senior Retro Guru
afternoon all.

Im currently embroiled in the task of pulling apart an AMP equipped RM frame in order to get the shock serviced and the front triangle repainted, while I am at it I thought I may as well try and get some new bushings etc before I take it all apart.

So,

a) does anyone know of any replacement kits for the AMP rear ends?

b) how do I get the bottom half of the rear end off (the bolts are out, it now wont move)

c) the back end is unpainted ally, and is a bit marked, whats the best way of refurbing this? bead-blasted then lacquered?

Ta for any help peeps!

pass on the questions, but id love to get hold of a couple of spare bushing kits for my Shock-a-billy :)

Despite not being made for a few years, almost all the parts are still available from AMP in the 'states, i've still got a few kits left over from a few years back, email them through their website.

They're a top bunch.

theboy":1aool8ta said:
a) does anyone know of any replacement kits for the AMP rear ends?

Short of the Main pivot and Delrin bushings, which typically don't endure much wear, the nylon bushings, o-rings and remaining hardware should all be availble from a good hardware store (this is also true for the bits required to rebuild the fork and rear shock dampers). I put together a complete rebuild kit for Kingroon not too long ago for ~$3.

theboy":1aool8ta said:
b) how do I get the bottom half of the rear end off (the bolts are out, it now wont move)

You first need to loosen the bolts at the main pivot (behind the BB) and tap the main pivot out. If you already have the rear pivot bolts removed you just need to spread the seat stays a bit to free the seat stays from the chain stay / swing-arm.

Back