• Full sus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardtail

• Rigid

• Total voters
ozpete":1drr48x7 said:
I'm going to create a new catagory. Rigid forks on a RTS. All the steering precision of a rigid, with a little bit of travel behind to save the hurting back. Retro integrity (rigid), with the benefit of rear sus (comfort).
Sound like a plan? Now what to call it, softail?, hardfront? Stupidity?

Quite a few original suspension designs were rear only, I think cannondale had a few anyway.

Id ride a rigid bike on the road, couldnt offroad on it very well up here, its too rocky.
For me its gotta be a hardtail, i get bad pains in my wrists on my pace with rc35's on and they bottom out all the time. My mates on a hardtail and he struggles.
A lot of the downhills in the mountains here are very steep with washed out rock and boulders so im upgrading to a P7 with 140mm travel at the front this summer. I graduated from rigid bikes in '93 ish when i lived in devon and rode mainly on dartmoor and would never go back. Never tried full suss, cant bear the thought of a floppy rear end.

kaiser":efdcz5lu said:
ozpete":efdcz5lu said:
I'm going to create a new catagory. Rigid forks on a RTS. All the steering precision of a rigid, with a little bit of travel behind to save the hurting back. Retro integrity (rigid), with the benefit of rear sus (comfort).
Sound like a plan? Now what to call it, softail?, hardfront? Stupidity?

Quite a few original suspension designs were rear only, I think cannondale had a few anyway.

klein mantra too.

Hardtail for me. My Klein is fully rigid at the moment and whilst it's a blast to ride it's brutal on the sort of trails I ride (pebbly and tree roots) and as my age creeps up i'm looking for a little bit of comfort.

Never got into the full suss thing as there's just no need for it on the trails I ride.

Back