• Full sus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardtail

• Rigid

• Total voters
Rigid is the way to go.

Cheap and easy to maintain plus they make most trails challenging thus fun and when you can ride the same terrain at a trail centre as the full bouncer crew you feel somehow a wee bit more special( special needs possibly) than them.

Cheers

I like full sus bikes mainly due to the comfort zone and the body breaking down but maintenance is higher. For general riding, it'd have to be my hardtail. It does have a suspension seatpost though, so I guess it could be classed as a semi-full suss :?

Rigid, just so much more responsive
All the suspension I've tried feels numb compared to a rigid ride, just watched the 1986 championships in Durango on DVD really enjoyed the riding styles on these rigid bikes bitd :D
Think I could only justify suspension for myself on these wicked DH/4X and North Shore courses.......wich I'm way too scared for anyhow :? :roll: ;)

Hardtail for me. Even with a small amount of travel upfront I can descend almost as quick as friend on 5'' full sus bikes - aren't knees ace :LOL:

I have just started riding fully rigid which I haven't done since running a Quadra 10 :shock: :LOL:

Nice steel fork (salsa) + responsive steel frame (Kili) = fantastic riding

M

HardTails Rock..

Agree on the rigid side of things, but for me a coupla inches up front and full trail feel out back is the set up for me :cool:

letmetalktomark":8w34cmy6 said:
Hardtail for me. Even with a small amount of travel upfront I can descend almost as quick as friend on 5'' full sus bikes - aren't knees ace :LOL:

Partly the reason for the question, I'm finding some guys on hardtails are as fast or faster than me on the full sus. Now it could be ability but probably not :oops: always best to blame the bike ;)

Good question really, I'm going to go with my gut feeling; Hard tail.

Interestingly I am building up a full susser with overkill 7" at the back, It will have its place I think, even though i wasnt keen when it had my mates Squishy heavy build with little wheels! I think with my lighter less hardcore set up it could be all day fun (if a little heavy). Also about to build a rigid retro bike again which will be ideal for perving over as well as going riding with the GF, i'nm less liekly to fool around and actually do some beginners style XC and paths.

Conclusion: HT for me, but i reserve my right to change my mind when teh others are built. :D

Got to be rigid.

Overall, the feeling of being part of the bike & close to the terrain is what does it.

Uphill: stifness and accuracy win out.

Along the trail: perhaps at a disadvantage, but it's surprising how you can hover or semi sit down and let your body be the suspension over the trail bumps.

Downhill: obviously at a speed & comfort disadvantage, but the thrill you get from concentrating and knowing you have to be very exact about your line and when to hop from one line to the next is what it's all about. The fear conquered/adrenalin rush makes up for any loss of overall speed.

:)

Back