FS: Retro & custom Titanium Saracen

crazy-legs

Retro Newbie
Well as I mentioned on the Saracen Lovers thread on here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40984&start=1260
a few weeks ago, I'm now selling my 1997 Saracen Kili Ultra Titanium. Complete custom build.

8483035724_c283df16f7.jpg

Full M951 XTR groupset, the whole bike is in immaculate condition bar the scuff marks on the cranks.
19" frame c-c, it measures 21" up to the top of the seat-tube and the seatpost as shown in that pic (it's a 10th anniversary Syncros Ti post by the way :) ) is at near full extension.
It's a pretty long low position, full on late 90's XC race bike and the stem is a 110mm Pace:
8483042184_19b3c5a95a.jpg

Straight blade rigid titanium forks (super light, way lighter than the much-sought-after Kona P2 Ti forks)
8483047356_aa43c3c34d.jpg

First generation Mavic CrossMax ceramic wheels, the coating is still fine, no cracks and only very minor wear. Wheels straight and true, bearings all perfect and the bearing adjustment tool is included.

Also included is a spare pair of XTR shifters (same as currently fitted) and a spare XTR rear mech, again identical to the one on there. there's no probs with any of the existing or spare kit but I know how difficult it can be getting spare parts!

Absolutely totally unique, very rare bike and it's a bit of a heartbreak to sell it but I need the space and the money. As it's a full custom build I will NOT split it, so please don't ask! Weight as pictured is 20.6lb however I won't be including the pedals in the sale (they're only cheapo spds just put on for the pictures).

£975 for a piece of retro MTB history.
Collection or delivery only.
jamesATsingletrackworldDOTcom or message me on here

oldave":bn4dssx5 said:
The only "retro" I've ever seen that is IMO worth near a grand.

GLWS.

Thanks, I was wondering how much to ask for it. Debated long and hard over that one, there's the obvious issue of "attachment" in that (to me) the bike is worth more than that due to the memories I have of riding it, the races I've won on it and so on but in terms of actual cash...
However it's Ti so it will last forever and it's in immaculate condition so I reckon that price is justified. As with all S/H sales, I'm open to reasonable offers though.

marker":3n7s33ev said:
I think you may regret selling in about ten minutes!
Why the sale?

Not sure I'll "regret" it as such. I'll miss the bike certainly, it's an incredible bike to ride. In fact if I can scan some pics of it in action I'll try and upload them. I've won races on it, it's got me through 24hr events so it's been well used but also well looked after.
But I hardly ever use it these days, don't really have the space for it and to be honest, it would be better going to someone who can truly appreciate it.

I had an old Fat Chance YoEddy frame with a big crack in it and I held onto the frame for years thinking I "might" do something with it, never got round to it and in the end a mate sold it on here for me. There's actually a thread on here from the guy who bought it and has had it repaired. Much better than it sitting in my cellar! Same with this.
**edit** this thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227739

I'm open to (sensible) offers on the Saracen.

Back