FS Peugeot Reynolds 753

robbie1987

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,
I have finally got round to putting this Frame up for sale. Some of you may have seen the post I put up a few months back when I was searching for information regarding the history and details of these Frames. I have since sold the Raleigh Lightweight and I now have only but a few bits and pieces left.

I have done all the homework I can do in relation to this particular Frame and I believe that I am now in a position to sell it knowing full well what a special bike it is.
Peugeot Reynolds 753 Hand Brazed Frame that is Brand New in the box. If you read my attached post you will understand that I have been asked to sell it on behalf of a good friend, it belonged to her late husband who seemed to be a hoarder of amazing bike parts, i have wheels and components also that I am sorting my way through in my spare time.

After reading up on Reynolds 753 it seems this really was the tubing of choice for the elite athletes of that era. Lemond, Hampsten and Hinault all rode it to great success and I have read contracdictory reports, some of whom say Merckx loved it and others said it wasn't for him, i guess I'll never know for sure.

I am selling the Frame and Fork in its original Box for £500. This is not a lot of money for the heritage this frame carries and the condition in which it is in. After doing months of research I have found that this bike is one of a kind and will be a special addition to any cycling enthusiasts collection.

I am based in Northern Ireland and can meet anyone from here however any sales to the UK and beyond will be shipped via recorded delivery at the buyers cost. I can provide more images if necessary.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=273505

Peugeot Hand Brazed Reynolds 753 Frame by robbiesilcock, on Flickr

Hi Richard,
I managed to tell half my life story and not mention the size. Apologies.

Sold originally as a 64cm Frame but the measurements are as follows:
Top Tube CC: 585
Head Tube: 210
Seat Tube Centre BB to Top: 640

I actually have the original receipt dated 09/09/1992 from K. Cycles in Eastham, Wirral L62 9AE.

If there is anything else you need please do not hesitate to ask.

That is very very nice - one of my favourite colour schemes too :) it's a good 2 inches too large for me though :(

GLWS!

Thanks guys, if it was just a little smaller I would have it myself. Hopefully get it shifted, if not I'll look at eBay but i'll give it a week or so here first.

Back