FS: 1991 Kona Cindercone Frame & P2 Forks

mousemat

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
1991 Kona Cindercone frame, 19" centre of BB to top of seat tube. Paintwork has lots of scuffs and so have the decals, I had planned to get it resprayed black (as all the 91 bikes were available in black) and then get a new set of decals off Gil_M. It really does need it! Structurally sound with all threads in great condition. Perfect for restoration.

£65 posted.

Also available are a set of Project 2 forks in black, again need a respray. 1 1/8" threaded steerer the correct size for the above frame. Black Kona velocity stem (also needs repainting) and Kona 165 bar which was black but most of the paint has flaked off.

£15 posted for forks, stem & bar

Or buy the frame, forks, stem & bar for £75 posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_1311.JPG
    IMG_1311.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_1310.JPG
    IMG_1310.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_1309.JPG
    IMG_1309.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,295
Is that def '91 and not '92?

I restored one identical to this for a friend and was sure it was a '92. I thought that the cindercone came in gold in '91 and green in '92.

Happy to be corrected though, and will let him know it's a year older than we thought! :cool:

Sorry to be a pain, but I am really confused now. I'm not trying to interfere with your sale, but want to get things clear in my head about the years.

I just looked in our Kona catalogue archive and it says that in the '91 model range the CinderCone came in Gold or Black, and in '92 it came in Red or Black, so where does that leave the green one???

Was this some kind of limited production?? :?

The 91 was available in a colour called Cinder Gold which was a bit greeny although the photo in the catalogue doesn't really show it properly.

Just have to say........

My Fire Mountain that I use to go everywhere is in a far worse condition :(

I have not put a single dent or scratch on the bike, its the condition I acquired it in. Have not got the funds for a respray yet.

Apart from a dodgy headset which I have to keep tightening by hand, I serviced the bike and it rides like a new bike. Not bad considering I built it from the retro Kona parts I had collected from all my previous bikes.

Sorry for hijacking.....

Back