FS 1990 Kona Fire Mountain 19"

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Recently refurbed, this is a lovely example of an early Kona. The last year for the splatter range, she's in great shape and is almost 100% original. The build thread is here and is super-pic heavy:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

dsc00039zy.jpg

dsc00056vx.jpg

dsc00073sd.jpg

The spec list is as follows. Anything marked in italics is non-original / NOS bought by me for the build:

Frame: Cromoly P.G. Main 19" (from the very bottom of the BB to the very top of the seat tube)

Fork: Project Two

Headset: Sealed Tech (no idea what it is - it's unbranded)
Stem: Kona Cromoly
Handlebar: Kona MTB
Grips: Unbranded, foam

Brakes Front: Shimano Exage 300LX
Braked Rear: Shimano Exage 500LX W/U-H
Brake Pads: Aztec
Brake Cables: Combination of new cables (Shimano XTR) and the original outers (Shimano ???)
Brake Levers: Shimano Exage 300LX

Shifters: Shimano Exage 300LX STI
Front Derailleur: Shimano Exage 300LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Exage 300LX
Derailleur Cables: Shimano (original ???)
Cassette: Shimano Hyperglide 7-speed
Chain: Shimano Hyperglide
Cranks: Shimano Exage 300LX
Chainrings: Shimano Biospace
Bottom Bracket: Tange with greasefiller
Pedals: LXT

Hub Skewers: Shimano (unbranded)
Rims: Araya OHE RX-7
Front Hub: ??? (unbranded)
Rear Hub: Shimano FH-HG50
Tyres: Kona / Joe Murray Propulsion / Equilibrium
Tubes: Halfords special

Saddle: Avocet Touring
Seatpost: Kally 300mm Alloy
Seatpost Binder: Shimano XTR

There is some very minor chain-suck and the some minor patina on the head-tube sides. The decals aren't the best, but as explained in the build thread, if you remove those you remove the splatter!

£225.I'm willing to courier within the UK and that's included in the price. For non-UK residents it would be an extra charge. Interest can be lodged here, but offers must be by PM only, first come, first served.

MANY THANKS!

i have a yellow splatter lava cone for sale,whole or in parts.all original except tires.frame needs welding to seat tube,but the rest is good.i would do a great price on it.but i live on iow, so it'd cost you £10-15 to get over here.

Back