front derailleur XTR M901 with steel clamp

Shidar

Dirt Disciple
Hello. With my manitou Fs cames a very strange front derailleur XTR mod 901. It's mount in tubes higher than 34.9mm. The clamp is like the photo.

The problem is that this clamp hasn´t any force on tube. Somebody have another front derailleur to sell?. Or knows how repair this derailleur?

regards

Attachments

• DSCN1700.JPG
    DSCN1700.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 809
the strap that fits around the seat tube is unique to a manitou, you would be lucky to find another.

Well! After to read your answers and to be thinking about how I can resolve this problem, I have can repaired the strap.

I have changed to a screw with more lenght for the strap can introduce better and so, can be screwed the two sides of strap at the same time with strenght.

Thanks for all.

LTS Biker":3irqcidz said:
I have an LX version of this type derailleur. There were more frames with these clamps.

True, but I should explain myself better -I refer to the seat tube diameter as the manitou's were much larger than a standard 34.9mm, finding an endless clamp front derailleur is easy but finding a strap larger than a 34.9mm is not, I had to make an extra large one for the Trimble using a jubilee clip due to this .

➡️

DSC00125.jpg

Early trimble front mechs were 'custom adapted' by trimble in the same way, when they went from the cross frame to the inverse 4 frame they could make the seat tube smaller because of the extra strength of the newly added tube/brace which allowed them to use a standard 34.9mm mech.

see below seat tube diameter difference below ➡️

Picture1.jpg

as for mine :? , its an odd-bod, maybe it was a frame from the transitional period :?:, maybe it was sent back to the factory to have the extra tube fitted :?:

- I dunno

Back