French Threaded Pedals

Johnsqual":16j5dcdm said:
Thanks for the reply. Do you think they would be correct for a 1950s bike, though?

No, are more early, mid 80
But I can send pictures if you leave me your email

i have heard many things , but thats the first time ive heard about french threaded pedals, can I ask what is the difference?

@Thinpandas,

Sorry but I'll have to pass. Thanks for the suggestion but I need the pedals for a
historical type of restoration so they really have to be from the 1950s.

Johnny

Johnsqual":1npmgdfx said:
@Thinpandas,

Sorry but I'll have to pass. Thanks for the suggestion but I need the pedals for a
historical type of restoration so they really have to be from the 1950s.

Johnny

No problem

Cheers

Would you consider re-tapping the cranks to be English threaded? That's my plan with some '50s cranks I have. Just to have more pedal options.
If that's heresay, then I've bought some reasonably priced French bit on Ebay from these people...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reperagevelo

I think it's a charity too. Always been as described and arrived quickly.

Good luck with your hunt!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheesedisease":54fgiafy said:
Would you consider re-tapping the cranks to be English threaded? That's my plan with some '50s cranks I have. Just to have more pedal options.
If that's heresay, then I've bought some reasonably priced French bit on Ebay from these people...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/reperagevelo

I think it's a charity too. Always been as described and arrived quickly.

Good luck with your hunt!

I did think about retapping the threads but since I don't have the tools I'd have to buy the taps, which (if I'm right) comes out about the same as buying a set of pedals.

I've no romantic attachment to the French threaded pedals, but I'd be pretty gutted if I ruined a set of cranks due to my cack-handed drilling skills.

Thanks for the link though, I'd not seen that before but it's very useful and their prices seem pretty fair.

Cheers,

Johnny

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back