Karma Free, Muddy Vox Pathfinder, for restoration by enthusiast.

Sorry about the quick post earlier - I had to get my son to bed, but also wanted to share the photo.

The seller was in a really nice village just outside Huddersfield. She'd been clearing out her shed, which was tiny. Probably used to be for storing coal or something, as it was half-height. Her house was about 300 years old, btw. She herself was not a bike expert. I totally forgot to ask how she ended up registering here, as I would've thought most people would just use freecycle or summat.

I also didn't ask how long the bike had been in the shed for, but I'd also guess about 25 years. I think it's a 1991 Pathfinder, but most of the components don't seem to match the (blurry) catalogue specs. The brakes and shifters are all Shimano (and no yellow cable housings! 😱), and the rims aren't Arayas. I'm afraid I don't think the saddle is original.

Size-wise, I think it's at least 19". The standover seemed okay for me, but now I've realised the tyres were flat, so it could be getting into the 20" range. I'll have to measure it tomorrow.

So, I think I'll keep hold of it for now. I'm mainly curious to see what's under the rust and crud. 🤔 I'll create a build thread, rather than keep this alive in the sale section.

edit: build thread

Last edited:
Back