Free kona frame 16"

simdagger

Devout Dirtbag
Trying to thin stuff down.

Being realistic I can't do anything with it...It's been sprayed or powder coated, a very gopping green and then some awful mid 90's vinyl decals applied....Rather pass it on for someone to build than restore it myself andsell it

Everything I can make out leads me to a 1993 fire mountain...It requires a dog collar but also a seat clamp...it has the hex nut rivnuts for the bottle cages and the bb seat tube squash, traces of that years color are inside the headtube and bb...the wall thickness in the head tube also suggest the plain cr-mo so not the tange concepts.

The frame owes me nothing, missus picked it up on a whim at a carboot sale.

It should be a 1" steerer if it is a 93 fire mountain. 1&1/8" would point to the Lavadome in that colour scheme.

:)

Good call!

Didn't want to upselit!

Have the catalog in front of my 1" YST...it's a 1 1/8th here are some telephone photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0585 2.JPG
    IMG_0585 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
Re:

If this were still available, I may be interested and may be able to collect... trying to build up a bike for a friend but needs to be pretty small, could you check the size, centre BB to top of seat tube, assuming of course, it is still around? :cool:

A 1993" 16" so the top of seat tube from the bb is about 13", the catalog gives this a standover height of 26"...top tube is 21.5"

I've had a dibs on frame so being a man of my word and my own moral fortitude I shall wait to see what they wish to do...

Back