Frame welds on RSP titanium original or ???

adders

Dirt Disciple
Hello :cool:
Im hoping somebody here maybe able to advise me.. Recently received an RSP600 titanium frame, and on the drive chain side where the wishbone is attached to the seat tube there appears to be an extra line (or two) of weld/s (pics attached)

Has anyone seen this before? or could anyone comment on the likelihood of this being present on a Raleigh frame of this calibre from that era when it left the factory??

Or, has this been repaired? the welds do not appear to match those on the rest of the frame. The profile doesn't appear to match and the 'extra' ones appear to be thicker and less uniform..

Interested in others views…

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 555
I've looked at a fair number of these and never seen that.
Are the rest of the welds have the anodised look or been finished?
Almost definately repair.

Re:

Thanks so much Rampage I think that confirms my suspicions. The rest of the welds are uniform with a gold tinge if thats what you mean?? another pic attached..

Attachments

• IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 540
Re:

Frame only I'm afraid :/

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 535
2000 model.
Don't know, I've never seen one with the heat marks left around the welds.
Where has it come from.

Rampage":1mmeyds7 said:
2000 model.
Don't know, I've never seen one with the heat marks left around the welds.
Where has it come from.

With no canti arch and disc mounts on the rear stay I think its safe to say seller didn't know alot about it deffo not early 90's as described
Gotta agree with Rampage on the age circa 2000

Someone like Danson on here who welds all sorts of stuff would know about that repair for sure

It's 2000 based on the serial.
Yeah, speak to Danson67, I'd be surprised if even Raleigh let it out the door like that. Although mine has the BB threaded back to front. Possibly a scrap frame that was taken by an employee?

I remember that frame on the 'bay. I wondered at the time if it had been painted in a previous life, and hence the uncleaned up heat marks.

Either a repair or a friday afternoon frame perhaps.

Latest posts

Back