Frame Polishing

perthsurf

Dirt Disciple
Hey Guys

I have a GT LTS DH and have got myself some spangly new stickers but the frame is not that great any tips on how to get it back to a mirror finish.
Also once its there is there anyway of keeping it there using a coating or somthing etc so i dont have to keep polishing it every week i use it.

Any help on this would be great. :D

Wanted- Boxxer 151's

I'm currently polishing up my Orange Elite. I'm removing the old laquer with nitromoors, sanding with wet + dry and brilo pads, then polishing with autosol. ;)

I use Nuvite "C" to start, and then Nuvite "A" to finish all my polish jobs. After a Drano bath and some 320/400/600 wet dry (as needed). It's what I used to bring my old Cook Bros. Cranks and a Manitou 1 back to life. Good luck, such hard work. :oops:

ASLT10.jpg

bikes-190.jpg

hairstream":2xt8kaxi said:
I use Nuvite "C" to start, and then Nuvite "A" to finish all my polish jobs. After a Drano bath and some 320/400/600 wet dry (as needed). It's what I used to bring my old Cook Bros. Cranks and a Manitou 1 back to life. Good luck, such hard work. :oops:

ASLT10.jpg

bikes-190.jpg

beats the pants off my fine wire wool and Brasso efforts :LOL: awesome work!

i did a set of handlebars by stripping the paint with Nitromors then as it was still wet after washing that off use steel wool,then dry whatever you are polishing.
then steelwool and Autosol,after that Autosol and a clean soft cloth.
than i use T-Cut and a soft cloth.
lots of hard work!

oh yes,wear gloves too or your hands will be black and smelly for days.
how do i know that? dont ask!

Doh

Ialmost regret asking now after seeing that as i want my whole frame to look that good lol.
Only thing im confused on is the drano bath???

it'll be some murican trade name like bondo or so
prolly a drain cleaner so acid or alkali

cillit bang is good for removing anodising and associated crap

as for polishing unfortunately theres no substitute for powertools followed
by graft
start with something small ,pair of cantis or similar once you get those
perfect it stirs you on to bigger better things

hairstream top work fella

Latest posts

Back