Formula One Mk2

sinnerman":2yl0wbyn said:
tangent":2yl0wbyn said:
always fancied one of these , but would prefer raw carbon + out of my budget and style
does anyone know who made the steel rear triangles...the wishbone assembly look quite similar to the kind used on Chas Roberts DB.

it was Roberts, and it was a Modified DB rear end... :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=188154&start=

:cool:

Thanks for confirming that...really awesome...if any more Mk2 frames exist will have to keep an eye out...

I remember telephoning Formula 1 after seeing an advert in MBUK selling of ex team bikes, and asking if I could buy just the custom (cutdown) X-Lite Barents used on one them !!!

sinnerman":1j9o26lf said:
Isnt the start price more than twice what was paid for the whole bike....?

Not really. Not unless your maths is really bad ;). I paid £870 for the complete bike. Add on the cost of a failed delivery and then the fuel for a 6 hour round trip and you get to about £930.

This auction start price was £1250 and I sold it to a collector in Germany who is creating a museum for carbon mtb frames for £1000.

Although I loved it, it was more for its historical value and rarity than because I wanted to ride it. That worked for the buyer but not for me.

It’s subjective but compare this to the price of a Dogs in similar condition (from which the rear end of this is common) and I think it was a fair price. The market greed as well since it sold.

So I did make a modest profit by selling all the bits but I put a lot of effort in to cleaning, taking good photos, writing good listings and posting it, but probably not enough for that to be the reason for buying it in the first place.

Back